What are your climate risks? What are your options for cultivating resilience?
Integrated strategic asset management for resilience allows you to navigate dynamic change with confidence
Cultivating Resilience, LLC uses best management practices and leading edge assessment, planning, and management tools to understand your climate risks and discover no-regrets adaptation pathways that cultivate resilience to the novel uncertainties associated with a changing climate. We can “climate-correct” your existing strategic planning and asset management processes with tailored vulnerability assessment. We can apply resilience principles to explore how the integrated management of your assets can reduce risks, capture new opportunities, and cultivate the resilience of your business, organization or community.
Our location in Asheville, NC, aka “Climate City,” the home of NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information, the Climate Collider, and the National Environmental Modeling and Analysis Center, and our affiliation with Fernleaf Interactive, allows us to offer our clients unparalleled access to leading edge data sources and analytical, planning, and management tools, and the interdisciplinary expertise critical to successful strategic asset management and climate change adaptation planning.
Laura Lengnick is the founder and Principal at Cultivating Resilience. She brings to this work more than 25 years of leadership innovating management practices and performance metrics that move sustainability values into action in business, educational and community organizations, and government across a diversity of scales from local to global. Since 2008, Laura has applied social-ecological resilience science to the development of practical and effective responses to the challenges of climate change mitigation and adaptation. Learn more about Laura here.
Cultivating Resilience offers the following services:
- Climate change vulnerability assessment
- Ecosystem-based resilience planning for businesses and communities
- Adaptive management planning w/sustainability and resilience metrics tailored to your needs
- Plan implementation advice and assistance
- Stakeholder engagement (internal and external)
- Research and development of resilience assessment, planning and management tools
- Supportive studies for detailed resilience planning, e.g. landscape-level assessment of carbon sequestration potential, food and water security, ecological impact assessments, regulatory and policy analysis, and community impact studies.
Current & Past Clients
- Glynwood Farm, Coldspring NY
- Research Alliance for Regenerative Economics, Capital Institute, Greenwich CT
- Foragable Community Project, Charlotte NC
- Agriculture, Forestry and Climate Learning Network Athens, GA
- NC Adapt: The North Carolina Agriculture and Forestry Adaptation Work Group – Raleigh, NC
- Organic Growers School – Farm Beginnings Program – Asheville, NC
- Climate Listening Project – Asheville, NC
- Second Nature – Alliance for Resilient Campuses – Boston, MA
- Warren Wilson College Foodshed Analysis (2007)