What are your climate risks? How can you cultivate resilience?
Navigate Dynamic Change with Confidence
We use best management practices and leading edge assessment, planning, and management tools to assess climate risks to your operations and discover no-regrets adaptation pathways. We can “climate-correct” your existing strategic planning and asset management processes with a vulnerability assessment designed to provide actionable information about climate threats tailored to your operations. We apply resilience principles to explore how the integrated management of your assets can reduce risks, capture new opportunities, and cultivate the resilience of your business, organization or community.
Our location in Asheville, NC, aka “Climate City,” the home of NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information, the Climate Collider, and the National Environmental Modeling and Analysis Center, and our affiliation with Climate Optimize, and Fernleaf Interactive allows us to offer our clients unparalleled access to high quality data sources, leading edge analytical, planning, and management tools, and the interdisciplinary expertise critical to successful climate resilience planning.
Laura Lengnick founder and Principal at Cultivating Resilience. She brings to this work more than 25 years of leadership innovating management practices and performance metrics designed to move sustainability values into action in businesses, community organizations and government policy and programs across a diversity of scales from local to national. Since 2008, Laura has applied social-ecological resilience science to the development of practical and effective climate change mitigation and adaptation planning strategies. Learn more about Laura here.
Cultivating Resilience offers the following services:
- Ecosystem-based resilience planning
- Resilience assessment of business, organizational, and government policies and programs
- Supportive studies to inform resilience planning
- Design, management and leadership support of community-based sustainability and resilience programs and projects
- Development of place-based resilience education, assessment, planning and management strategies for business, community organizations and government
Current & Past Clients
- Asheville-Buncombe Food Policy Council, Asheville, NC
- USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program, Washington DC
- North American Climate Smart Agriculture Alliance
- Forageable Community Project, Charlotte NC
- Glynwood Farm, Coldspring NY
- Climate Listening Project, Asheville NC
- Research Alliance for Regenerative Economics, Capital Institute, Greenwich CT
- Agriculture, Forestry and Climate Learning Network, Athens GA
- NC Adapt: The North Carolina Agriculture and Forestry Adaptation Work Group, Raleigh NC
- Farm Beginnings Program, Organic Growers School, Asheville NC
- Alliance for Resilient Campuses, Second Nature, Boston MA