What are your climate risks? How can you cultivate resilience?
Navigate Dynamic Change with Confidence
We use best management practices and leading edge assessment, planning, and management tools to assess climate risks to your operations and discover no-regrets adaptation pathways. We can “climate-correct” your existing strategic planning and asset management processes with a vulnerability assessment designed to transform information into insight about climate threats tailored to your operations. We apply resilience principles to explore how the integrated management of your assets can reduce risks, capture new opportunities, and cultivate the resilience of your business, organization or community.
Our location in Asheville, NC, aka “Climate City,” the home of NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information, the Climate Collider, and the National Environmental Modeling and Analysis Center, and our affiliation with Climate Optimize, Fernleaf Interactive and the Stockholm Resilience Center allows us to offer our clients unparalleled access to high quality data sources, leading edge analytical, planning, and management tools, and the interdisciplinary expertise critical to successful climate risk management.
Laura Lengnick founder and Principal at Cultivating Resilience. She brings to this work more than 25 years of leadership innovating management practices and performance metrics designed to move sustainability values into action in businesses, community organizations and government policy and programs from across a diversity of scales from local to national. Since 2008, Laura has applied social-ecological resilience science to the development of practical and effective climate change mitigation and adaptation. Learn more about Laura here.
Cultivating Resilience offers the following services:
- Ecosystem-based resilience planning
- Adaptive management planning w/sustainability and resilience metrics
- Plan implementation advice and assistance
- Development and delivery of resilience curriculum in a workshop setting
- Resilience assessment of business and organizational plans, government policies and programs
- Supportive studies for detailed resilience planning, e.g. landscape-level assessment of carbon sequestration potential, food and water security, ecological impact assessments, regulatory and policy analysis, and community impact
- Research and development of resilience assessment, planning and management tools
Current & Past Clients
- Asheville-Buncombe Food Policy Council, Asheville, NC
- USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program, Washington DC
- North American Climate Smart Agriculture Alliance
- Forageable Community Project, Charlotte NC
- Glynwood Farm, Coldspring NY
- Climate Listening Project, Asheville NC
- Research Alliance for Regenerative Economics, Capital Institute, Greenwich CT
- Agriculture, Forestry and Climate Learning Network, Athens GA
- NC Adapt: The North Carolina Agriculture and Forestry Adaptation Work Group, Raleigh NC
- Farm Beginnings Program, Organic Growers School, Asheville NC
- Alliance for Resilient Campuses, Second Nature, Boston MA